Monday, September 24, 2012

additional information


THIS IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SENT BY CAROLE:
 
I did a quick research on Alfred Brashear last night on Ancestry.com and discovered his first name is Absalom. I have added it below in the email to you. His wife's name was listed as Eleanor (Nellie), not Ellender, but they did have a daughter named Ellender, so I don't know which is right.

I changed the spelling in Absalom McKenzie Brashear to match his grandfather, Alfred's, first name. I think the sa rather than so is probably correct.


Ola Belle's full name was Lula Ola Belle. The Lula and Ola obviously came from her two grandmothers' nicknames. Granddaddy Brashear's grandmother was nicknamed "Belle" from Isabella, so I'm assuming that is from where Ola Belle's name also was taken.


Publish the email below in which I have made additions and corrections since last night. My head is swimming right now with all of these Brashears to keep up with!


Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment